- July 14, 2020
- Posted by: global-advisors
- Category: Uncategorized
- The 34th ranked passport for global mobility
- Visa-free access to 123 countries including the Schengen Area, Russia and Turkey
- Official EU candidate with planned accession by 2025
- Successful applicants granted full citizenship within six months
- Member state of the European Monetary Union, the NATO Alliance, OSCE and WTO
- Investor and business-friendly climate with the lowest corporate, personal and capital gains tax rates in Europe (9%)
The applicant may acquire citizenship if he has deposited EUR 100,000 in the ESCROW account for the development of less developed municipalities, for the purpose referred to in Article 18 of the Law on Regional Development.
The applicant may acquire citizenship:
-if he has paid at least EUR 450,000 to the ESCROW account for the purpose of investing in one of the development projects ( list of projects approved from Government of Montenegro) in Podgorica or the coastal region or
-the amount of at least EUR 250,000( list of projects approved from Government of Montenegro) for the purpose of investing in one of the development projects in the northern or central region (except Podgorica) of Montenegro.
The applicant must deposit 15.000 €for himself, 10.000 € for a maximum of four family members ( for an each person) and 50,000 for each subsequent family member.